Dienstag, 10. September 2013

Ugluhringla - Owl Baby Rattle




Hello again... I have been wanting to make a baby rattle for quite some time now. And beeing as owly as I am, why not an owl rattle. I saw this cute Stripey Owl Baby Rattle over at Lovely Little Life and loved it. I was lazy though, so I decided to try it out with this 3 colour cotton from Lana Grossa (Cotone). It´s a wonderfull cotton to crochet with and my favorite after having tried not so few. With this pattern the stripes came out lovely. 

After filling and including a rattle sound (a baby safe (nickle free) bell and stuffing), I then used one-colour yarn to crochet the headopening together and to make the ears more pointy, tricked with hdc and dc at the ends.



eyes and beak how sweet



The wings are freestyle and I did the eyes also different. Instead of doing an outer and an inner eye. I startet with a black thread for couple of rounds, followed by a couple more with the white yarn.
wings to fly or hold

I think it´s most important to sew everything well on, cause we don´t want any parts of the rattle ending up in the belly of it´s owner. 

Ich werde diese kleine Eule für Häkelliebe Linksammlung für September mitmachen lassen, es ist eine schöne Sache und eine Möglichkeit viele neue deutsche Blogs zu finden, von denen die sich mit Häkeleien befassen :) Jeden Monat gibt es außerdem was kleines zu Gewinnen

2 Kommentare:

❤❤❤ Thank you for taking your time to leave a comment ❤❤❤